Thursday, July 27, 2006

Guanajuato Day 7



7.26.07

Rain accompanies my uphill trek to school tickling my exposed ankles and wrists. It quiets even more this subtle toned town and bends the heads of passersby but ever so slightly.

LIterature class brings up existential questions which require extensive use of el subjontivo. I love these short stories and fables we´re reading and had forgotten how powerful is this form. Like poetry, it requires great intent, real thought about which words one chooses to use, to paint a picture in the reader´s mind. I feel blessed today, perhaps for a good night´s sleep or by the rain which assures tonight´s shower back at the house or just this wonderful opportunity to share the learning experience with new people in such a lovely place.

Walking up the hill I passed a tortilleria and smelled the warm scent of corn wafting out of the door. I heard the sloosh of cement being mixed by hand in a heavy container. I felt the slippery wet tile underfoot. What a gift time is when it allows us to experience all of our senses fully.

The sun finally emerges and I revel in its warmth on my face. I think of dreams, this other world that we live in when asleep, how we can have so many different lives in our imaginations, how fantasy, art, music, play, stories are all so important to this human mind we are blessed with. I am here alone but also with the people I love, the people I have known and the places I have been and have yet to
inhabit all at once.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home